Welcome to Page Six One Six, the occasional blind items column of Bleeding Cool. Stories taken from across the comic book industry, from publisher to publisher, creator to creator, where the names have been changed to protect the guilty, stories told in the New York sports bars from intern to colourist, to assistant editor… you have been warned.
Which comic book executive with a heavy Human Resources file recently came out of the closet as a gay man? With his previous… shall we call them “excesses” being spun away as overcompensation on his part in trying to maintain a heterosexual identity?
Which comic book artist speaking out against editorial interferences, may have had further issues – evidenced by dismissing his female editor’s concerns as “don’t worry your pretty little head about it” or words to that effect?
Which publisher, in a meeting with a prominent comics journalist, mistakenly flipped open their presentation to a page revealing a planned comic tie in to a popular reality TV show – for which a comic book adaptation wouldn’t necessary seem possible or logical, before asking them to please, please not mention it?
And which publisher, who took a lunch meeting with me, may have gotten in the bad books with a prominent writer/artist, simply for them being associated with me?
Which publisher, announcing a major talent on one of their books, was a little annoyed to discover that the talent in question was at the show unannounced, but didn’t want to speak to any of them, let alone go on the stage to talk about the book?
And which publisher was happy to point out DC’s lack of booth or signing space, and compared that with the time DC mocked them for not having a proper booth at a show – with one exec taking photos of uneaten cookies from a sponsor at another show to pass round to retailers?
Okay that last one can’t be too hard to guess…
- Court Places 3-Year Restraining Order on Keya Morgan to Stay Away from Stan Lee - August 17, 2018
- All The Reasons Batman’s Atheism Doesn’t Make Sense – and One That Does - August 17, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – 17th August 2018 – Batman, Justice League, and WicDiv Top Chart - August 17, 2018
- The Ugly Side of Comics: The Golden Age – Michael Davis, From The Edge - August 17, 2018
- Declan Shalvey to Help Out Steve McNiven on Return of Wolverine? - August 17, 2018