Charlaine Harris, writer of the Sookie Stackhouse novels that became the True Blood TV series seems to have got the bug of writing words to be turned into pictures. With stalwart novelist and graphic novelist Christopher Golden, they are writing a new series of orginal graphic novels, entitled Cemetery Girl, to be drawn by Nightwing and Wonder Woman‘s Don Kramer.
The first of the trilogy, Cemetery Girl, Book One: The Pretenders, is due to be published in January by Puttnam.
Charlaine Harris, the best-selling author of the True Blood novels, and horror novelist Christopher Golden present an original graphic novel, the first in a brand-new supernatural trilogy!
She calls herself Calexa Rose Dunhill—names taken from the grim surroundings where she awoke, bruised and bloody, with no memory of who she is, how she got there, or who left her for dead.
She has made the cemetery her home, living in a crypt and avoiding human contact. But Calexa can’t hide from the dead—and because she can see spirits, they can’t hide from her.
Then one night, Calexa spies a group of teenagers vandalizing a grave—and watches in horror as they commit murder. As the victim’s spirit rises from her body, it flows into Calexa, overwhelming her mind with visions and memories not her own.
Now Calexa must make a decision: continue to hide to protect herself—or come forward to bring justice to the sad spirit who has reached out to her for help…
- Now DC Comics Gives Us A Nazi Batman, Coming To Detective Comics In November (Batwoman #6 Spoilers) - August 16, 2017
- So How Fast Is Wonder Woman Anyway? - August 16, 2017
- The New Weapon H From Today’s $20 Totally Awesome Hulk #22, Revealed (SPOILERS) - August 16, 2017
- DC Moves Their Library Of Digital Comics To Madefire App, Including Today’s New Titles - August 16, 2017
- Wizard Returns As A Magazine, With Brian Walton As EIC - August 16, 2017