I’ll leave it to the more hardcore nerds to get worked up about whatever this means for the appearance of Dinobots, but Michal Bay’s Transformers reboot/sequel – the fourth in the series – has been officially titled Transformers: Age of Extinction.
A new teaser poster has also been released along with the film’s official title, and yes, it too seems to point in the direction of the popular iteration of the Hasbro toys in the 1980s, with imagery reminiscent of an archeological dig.
Of course, we know the story actually takes place millions of years after dinosaurs existed, four years after the events of Bay’s first trilogy, only with all new humans – Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz, Jack Reynor and co. – helping Optimus Prime and his Autobots in their ever-waging war against the evil Decepticons. But just like Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox once woke up an ancient Decepticon in Revenge of the Fallen, it stands to reason the new kids could also dig up some fun new dinosaur shaped robot companions to play with.
Transformers: Age of Extinction will be released on July 27, 2014. [Yahoo! Movies]
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014