Well, this is interesting.
It appears that the BBC has scheduled an episode of Dad’s Army on BBC 2, September 14th. It’s The Loneliness of the Long Distance Walker, an episode that was missing, presumed wiped.
From the second series of the very popular sitcom on, Dad’s Army was subject to the wiping of tapes by the BBC. But so were many shows. This was from a time when repeats, especially of black and white shows, were never expected to be needed.
The world has changed since then. Two missing episodes of the second series were recovered, but that still left three more, presumed gone for ever.
But now, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Walker has just popped up on MyDigiGuide.
Is it a mistake? An error? Something that will be quickly rectified?
Or is an actual recovered episode of Dad’s Army? And if so, does it indicate the return of any more missing episodes from… other shows to the BBC?
The moment has been prepared for. We’ll update when we hear more.
UPDATE: Well we didn’t hear from the BBC, but it looks like it was their error and the info they gave MyDigiGuide and others has now been amended, to one of the non-missing episodes.
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018