Jesse James of Jesse James Comics and I have been working on a tribute comic to help support the Kirby4Heroes campaign to raise funds for the Hero Initiative in celebration of what would have been Jack Kirby’s 96th birthday. We enlisted the help of comic book creators Eric Mengel and Denny Riccelli to help recruit artists to contribute their versions of Jack Kirby’s characters. Jesse reached out to Jillian Kirby, founder of the Kirby4Heroes campaign and Jack Kirby’s granddaughter She was enthusiastic about the project and agreed to pick out the cover image for the book out of all the contributions. We are ready to reveal the cover that Jillian pick out of the 20 submissions. The cover will be Ryan Quackenbush s Captain America double spread image. Jillian had picked the image based upon the Captain’s shield, so it’s fitting that it’s the part of the image that appears on the front cover.
Other contributors include:
Derrick “Dadicus” West
The comic will be debut on August 31 as part of the weeklong celebration of Jack Kirby’s birthday. Copies of the comic can be obtained for a minimum donation of five dollars with proceeds being donated to the Hero Initiative as part of the Kirby4Heroes campaign. For information on the campaign, visit the Kirby4Heroes Facebook page For information on the Hero Initiative, visit the Hero Initiative webpage. For information on the Jack Kirby Birthday Tribute comic, visit the Jesse James Comics Facebook page.
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018