Jesse James of Jesse James Comics and I have been working on a tribute comic to help support the Kirby4Heroes campaign to raise funds for the Hero Initiative in celebration of what would have been Jack Kirby’s 96th birthday. We enlisted the help of comic book creators Eric Mengel and Denny Riccelli to help recruit artists to contribute their versions of Jack Kirby’s characters. Jesse reached out to Jillian Kirby, founder of the Kirby4Heroes campaign and Jack Kirby’s granddaughter She was enthusiastic about the project and agreed to pick out the cover image for the book out of all the contributions. We are ready to reveal the cover that Jillian pick out of the 20 submissions. The cover will be Ryan Quackenbush s Captain America double spread image. Jillian had picked the image based upon the Captain’s shield, so it’s fitting that it’s the part of the image that appears on the front cover.
Other contributors include:
Derrick “Dadicus” West
The comic will be debut on August 31 as part of the weeklong celebration of Jack Kirby’s birthday. Copies of the comic can be obtained for a minimum donation of five dollars with proceeds being donated to the Hero Initiative as part of the Kirby4Heroes campaign. For information on the campaign, visit the Kirby4Heroes Facebook page For information on the Hero Initiative, visit the Hero Initiative webpage. For information on the Jack Kirby Birthday Tribute comic, visit the Jesse James Comics Facebook page.
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund To Train Comic Book Retailers In Their Legal Rights - July 21, 2017