Linda Ge writes for Bleeding Cool.
So, that happened, but that’s not all the casting news that broke recently.
• Thai actor Tony Jaa has joined the cast of Fast and Furious 7, which will be directed by James Wan. This one’s got Vin Diesel and Paul Walker back again, and Jason Statham as the villain. See you on opening night! [THR]
• Showtime drama series Penny Dreadful has drafted former 007 Timothy Dalton as one of the leads. Dalton joins Josh Hartnett and Eva Green and his casting doesn’t seem that out of left field when you consider John Logan and Sam Mendes are the minds behind the project. [Deadline]
• You thought Batfleck was bad? Try this on for size: NBC has cast True Blood star Stephen Moyer to play Captain Von Trapp in a Christmas-special live broadcast of The Sound of Music. But Moyer isn’t even the worst casting choice in this ill-advised project: Country star Carrie Underwood is playing Maria. [Deadline]
• Because there just aren’t enough cop dramas on TV, another one is on its way. Chicago PD is a spinoff of NBC’s mildly successful Chicago Fire, and it’s cast a couple of TV regulars: Sophia Bush, formerly of One Tree Hill, the most unintentionally hilarious serious teen drama there ever was, and Patrick Flueger, of sci-fi series The 4400. [Deadline]
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015