Something we managed to miss a whole month ago.
TV, comic and novel writer Paul Cornell wrote a blog post about his upcoming final Doctor Who comic book story The Girl Who Loved Doctor Who, the last such licenced comic from IDW (before Titan get the deal).
And it includes a preview of the first two pages, the first of which shows an Andy Warhol print of The Doctor, all of him, up to the Matt Smith incarnation. The twelfth such face.
Because between the Paul McGann and Christopher Eccleston incarnations is a shadowy, silhouetted figure. And approved by BBC Worldwide licencing folk.
It’s the Hurt Insert, folks. We may have mentioned it a few times. Including for another IDW comic…
This comic will be published for Christmas week, just before Matt Smith’s final episode.
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017