A few weeks ago we ran a story about rumors swirling around Boom! Studios new series Day Men by Matt Gagnon, Michael Alan Nelson and Brian Stelfreeze and how the studios were sneaking over to get copies of the book. Well, deadline.com is reporting that Universal has indeed optioned the month old property for what is being described as “a pre-emptive seven-figure bid”.
The two studios have worked together recently on 2 Guns which opened up with 27.4 million and took #1 at the box office for the weekend. That result led Universal to want to dive into the Boom! pool of properties a second time.
Day Men is described on the Boom! Studios website as the following: For thousands of years, the world has been controlled by the “50 Families” — a secret network of vampire covens engaged in a timeless struggle for power. But when the sun rises, the vampires are forced to employ the services of a human who acts as their daytime fixer and protector…Trained for centuries to be the mortal soldiers of their vampire employers, the Day Men go forth at sunrise, alone into the world, to do the bidding of their sleeping benefactors.
The news has of course drove up the aftermarket prices for the series with Variant covers now going for excess of $30 and even the second printing going for $6.95. This might be a good one to grab at your LCS and tuck away if you see one.
- Exclusive First Look at the Dynamite Hardened Heroes Titles Shipping in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Red Sonja: Hyrkania’s Legacy Cooperative Adventure Game Coming in April - January 22, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: Marvin ‘Krondon’ Jones III Talks Tobias Whale - January 22, 2018
- Exclusive First Look at the Women of Dynamite Titles Shipping April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Inhumans Fans Create Petition to Save the Series - January 22, 2018