Image Comics announced that Lazarus #2 has sold out from Diamond Distributor Comics yesterday, and writer Greg Rucka has told me the print run is in the 35K region.
As with the first issue, the second benefited from being fully returnable if retailers ordered lots. Bit, of late, the returns have been minimal. It is worth pointing out that the creative team of Rucka and Michael Lark should receive a greater payday from this issue than from any of the DC comics they previously collaborated on.
Put it this way. Scott Snyder‘s The Wake #3 is out tomorrow. But I can’t see his next creator-owned/creator-participant comic coming out from Vertigo.
The second print will come out on August 28th, along with issue 3.
- DC Comics Change Credits On Tomorrow’s Green Lanterns, Justice League, Raven And More - January 17, 2017
- DC Comics Take Legal Action Against Ice Cream Store For The Shape Of Their “G” - January 17, 2017
- Dr Aphra, OOO And BT-1 Make Their Way Into The Wider Star Wars Universe - January 17, 2017
- Image Gives Curse Words A Gold Embossed One-Per-Retailer Cover Too – Well, It Is Their Birthday Any Day Now - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s One Per Store Variant Covers – Collect The Set? from Mighty Captain Marvel To Venom - January 17, 2017