Image Comics announced that Lazarus #2 has sold out from Diamond Distributor Comics yesterday, and writer Greg Rucka has told me the print run is in the 35K region.
As with the first issue, the second benefited from being fully returnable if retailers ordered lots. Bit, of late, the returns have been minimal. It is worth pointing out that the creative team of Rucka and Michael Lark should receive a greater payday from this issue than from any of the DC comics they previously collaborated on.
Put it this way. Scott Snyder‘s The Wake #3 is out tomorrow. But I can’t see his next creator-owned/creator-participant comic coming out from Vertigo.
The second print will come out on August 28th, along with issue 3.
- Stan Lee Cameo In “Fresh Off The Boat” Just Before Free Comic Book Day And The Comic By Gene Luen Yang and Jorge Corona - April 24, 2017
- Chris Evans To Read A Superhero Bedtime Story On British TV Next Month - April 24, 2017
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017