Image Comics announced that Lazarus #2 has sold out from Diamond Distributor Comics yesterday, and writer Greg Rucka has told me the print run is in the 35K region.
As with the first issue, the second benefited from being fully returnable if retailers ordered lots. Bit, of late, the returns have been minimal. It is worth pointing out that the creative team of Rucka and Michael Lark should receive a greater payday from this issue than from any of the DC comics they previously collaborated on.
Put it this way. Scott Snyder‘s The Wake #3 is out tomorrow. But I can’t see his next creator-owned/creator-participant comic coming out from Vertigo.
The second print will come out on August 28th, along with issue 3.
- Image Comics To Publish 30 Walking Dead Tribute Variant Covers In October - July 27, 2017
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017