Jessy Williams writes for Bleeding Cool
Here’s the energetic new trailer for We Are The Freaks, a surreal anti-teen movie from director Justin Edgar. Set in Thatcher-era England, the film follows a group of drunken, drug-infused teens on one helluva crazy weekend.
It’s clearly a very self-aware and bizarre film, with a lot of the influence coming from Trainspotting and its ilk. So when the film’s main protagonist Jack, as played by Jamie Blackley, lists all the things he hates in typical teen movies – the nerd coming out on top, characters speaking to the camera – he says it all to the camera. Smart, huh?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGwUm2CZN6E
You may have recognised a couple of the young faces: Mike Bailey and Sean Teale featured in the popular TV show Skins, and Blackley was in Snow White and the Huntsman.
If nothing else, We Are The Freaks should at least be a lot of fun. The film is set to make its debut at this year’s Edinburgh Film Festival.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015