A couple of days ago, we reported that it looked like Sif-starring Journey Into Mystery was cancelled with August’s issue, 655, due to its absence from September solicitations. A stealth cancellation…
Writer Kathryn Immonen confirmed the sad news.
Alas no. We are done with 655. But seeing as we were basically cooked right out of the gate, I’m going to call hanging in for nearly a year a success. To be truthful, the real challenge that we inherited with this book was living up to the beautiful work that Kieron et al had done previously and the amazing reader energy that had been generated.
If all that had happened with our ten issues was to extend the influence of the astonishing Valerio Schiti, that would have been enough. As it is, I’m so proud of what Valerio, Jordie, Clayton, Pepe and I put on the page under Lauren and Jake’s fearless leadership. I’m also thrilled to have been able to write Sif as a fierce warrior and a lovable dork. I hope she finds a new home somewhere with a lot of things to say and a lot of things to kill.
Thanks for reading.
Her upcoming work with husband Stuart Immonen includes Snipe and Russian Olive. Though they have a print run far lower than JIM. She wrote of the former;
SNIPE will be limited to 100 print copies, for sale at Fan Expo 2013. We will hold back a small percentage (plus any unsold copies from the con) to sell by mail order from our store. We’ll announce details here as they arise.
It may also be worth noting that Marvel does seem to have plans for similarly-titled Tales To Astonish and Tales Of Suspense…
- Deborah Watling, Victoria In Doctor Who, Dies At 69 - July 21, 2017
- Next Week’s Action Comics May Confirm The Rumour About The Identity Of Mr. Oz (SPOILERS) - July 21, 2017
- No Dicks’ At San Diego Comic-Con, Just Orlando Jones and Superfan Weddings - July 21, 2017
- CBR Confirms Fox Fantastic Four Kids Movie With Franklin And Valeria. Or Does It? - July 21, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Send Out Replacement Copies Of Darth Maul #5 - July 21, 2017