A couple of days ago, we reported that it looked like Sif-starring Journey Into Mystery was cancelled with August’s issue, 655, due to its absence from September solicitations. A stealth cancellation…
Writer Kathryn Immonen confirmed the sad news.
Alas no. We are done with 655. But seeing as we were basically cooked right out of the gate, I’m going to call hanging in for nearly a year a success. To be truthful, the real challenge that we inherited with this book was living up to the beautiful work that Kieron et al had done previously and the amazing reader energy that had been generated.
If all that had happened with our ten issues was to extend the influence of the astonishing Valerio Schiti, that would have been enough. As it is, I’m so proud of what Valerio, Jordie, Clayton, Pepe and I put on the page under Lauren and Jake’s fearless leadership. I’m also thrilled to have been able to write Sif as a fierce warrior and a lovable dork. I hope she finds a new home somewhere with a lot of things to say and a lot of things to kill.
Thanks for reading.
Her upcoming work with husband Stuart Immonen includes Snipe and Russian Olive. Though they have a print run far lower than JIM. She wrote of the former;
SNIPE will be limited to 100 print copies, for sale at Fan Expo 2013. We will hold back a small percentage (plus any unsold copies from the con) to sell by mail order from our store. We’ll announce details here as they arise.
It may also be worth noting that Marvel does seem to have plans for similarly-titled Tales To Astonish and Tales Of Suspense…
- Gendercrunching Quarterly, Autumn 2017: Marvel and DC Comics - January 22, 2018
- 22-Page Preview of Blue Baron #1 with Ron Frenz and Sal Buscema – Another 64-Page $3.99 Sitcomic - January 22, 2018
- Petition for Geoff Johns to Make the Joker Gay “Again” - January 22, 2018
- Steve Geppi to Give the Keynote Speech at Diamond’s 2018 Retailer Summit – What Will He Say About 2017? - January 22, 2018
- Cable Artist Jon Malin on Nazis, Marvel, SJWs, X-Men… and Shell Beach - January 22, 2018