We know that Sandman Zero was pitched years ago but DC and Neil Gaiman couldn’t agree terms. Then, last year, Bleeding Cool broke the news that terms had been agreed, and DC announced the series by Gaiman and JH Williams III.
Last night, in conversation with Chip Kidd, Gaiman told a crowd that as of the day before, Sandman Zero now has a new title. Though he wouldn’t hint as to what it was, despite considerable prodding.
Scott Wegrzyn told Bleeding Cool that Gaiman delivered;
lots of good stories, including a Shatner impersonation which was great. They met once in Buenos Aires at a con and Shatner was under the impression he was going to meet Neil Diamond; had no idea who Neil Gaiman was.
Chip Kidd was fabulous as moderator – and he also does a mean Dan DiDidio impersonation as well. Gaiman said that Harper Collins had issues with Chip Kidd not using the actual book title on the front cover. He compared that to DC giving him a hard time for not having Morpheus on the covers of early Sandman issues, a conflict that came back even harder when they moved the book’s title around for A Game Of You Covers.
They asked the audience to submit questions on index cards and collected them during the intermission. After intermission they only answered three(?) questions…including mine (partially).
Oh, and apparently Neil loved a play on Broadway called Roadkill, and really, really wants to write a play.
- Marvel To Publish Ridiculous X-Men Gold And Blue Trade Paperbacks - July 25, 2017
- The ‘Stranger Things’ Cast Tell Us About Their Favourite Scary Movies at SDCC - July 25, 2017
- Dan DiDio On DC Comics And Acknowledging Legacy Numbering - July 25, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Cinematic Universe ‘Black Panther’ Origin And ‘Infinity War’ Preludes - July 25, 2017
- Marvel Comics Hires Jaime Hernandez For ‘Ms America Chavez’ Origin - July 25, 2017