Don’t worry, no acid was involved.
But the Companies House reports that the company Millarworld Kids has been dissolved.
It was set up up by Mark Millar and Curtis Tiege to publish the All Ages comic Kindergarten Heroes in 2012;
a superhero picture book created with artist Curtis Tiegs. The kid-centric hybrid of comic book iconography and picture book pacing will be published by UK house Books Noir with plans towards an American release down the line, and a share of all proceeds going to a children’s hospital in Millar’s native Scotland.
Though Books Noir haven’t updated their website for four years… so what’s going on? Mark did say the project has been completed. I asked Curtis Tiege, who told me;
The book is still coming and kids are going to love it but we decided to take a different route on the business end with Millarworld Kids. So keep your eyes peeled for Kindergarten Heroes info later this year!
Last year Millar also described the book in terms that might make some Image creators – and even CLiNT creators – uncomfortable.
I’m delighted with what he’s been doing, and, like all Millarworld projects, he’s a 50-50 partner with me. I’ve been stunned to hear that a lot of people don’t do this, and it’s a pretty disgusting practice. But artists, if your writer is owning even one percent more than you, he’s ripping you off. If he’s getting a producer credit and you aren’t, he’s ripping you off. Curtis and I split everything down the middle on publishing ,and this will extend to any toys or whatever we do beyond the books. This is the beginning of what I hope is a long and fruitful partnership. If this book goes down well, we’ll do more.”(Last Updated June 2, 2013 3:24 pm )
View All Posts
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017