Don’t worry, no acid was involved.
But the Companies House reports that the company Millarworld Kids has been dissolved.
It was set up up by Mark Millar and Curtis Tiege to publish the All Ages comic Kindergarten Heroes in 2012;
a superhero picture book created with artist Curtis Tiegs. The kid-centric hybrid of comic book iconography and picture book pacing will be published by UK house Books Noir with plans towards an American release down the line, and a share of all proceeds going to a children’s hospital in Millar’s native Scotland.
Though Books Noir haven’t updated their website for four years… so what’s going on? Mark did say the project has been completed. I asked Curtis Tiege, who told me;
The book is still coming and kids are going to love it but we decided to take a different route on the business end with Millarworld Kids. So keep your eyes peeled for Kindergarten Heroes info later this year!
Last year Millar also described the book in terms that might make some Image creators – and even CLiNT creators – uncomfortable.
I’m delighted with what he’s been doing, and, like all Millarworld projects, he’s a 50-50 partner with me. I’ve been stunned to hear that a lot of people don’t do this, and it’s a pretty disgusting practice. But artists, if your writer is owning even one percent more than you, he’s ripping you off. If he’s getting a producer credit and you aren’t, he’s ripping you off. Curtis and I split everything down the middle on publishing ,and this will extend to any toys or whatever we do beyond the books. This is the beginning of what I hope is a long and fruitful partnership. If this book goes down well, we’ll do more.”
View All Posts
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017
- Original Art Page From Asterix Breaks Records, Sells For $300,000 - January 23, 2017
- Ed Begley Jr Investigates Giant Robot Building With February’s “Build” Loot Crate - January 23, 2017
- Titan Has A Bunch Of Dark Souls And Assassin’s Creed Comics Out For April 2017… - January 23, 2017
- DC Comics Admits That Batman/The Shadow By Scott Snyder, Steve Orlando And Riley Rossmo – Exists - January 23, 2017