It does seem like something’s in the air right now. Batgirl, Storm Dogs, FF, Red Hood And The Outlaws, Non Humans, Demon Knights, all seem to be exploring the concept of being transgender to a variety of degrees and success. But all of them are aimed at teenagers or above.
Kids cable channel The Hub seems to be bringing that down a bit with SheZow, a new cartoon featuring
a 12-year-old boy — named Guy — uses a magic ring to transform himself into a legendary crime fighter. When evil lurks, Guy says, “You go girl!” and becomes SheZow.
It’s has a bit of a feel of the Ultraverse comic Mantra, it doesn’t seem to be about trying to reflect your own inner sense with your outer self, but it does at least raise the issue and concept for a younger audience. Although not everyone is on board with that, of course.
The chief executive of the Hub, who may or may not have been high (and leftist) when she greenlit this project, is Margaret Loesch.
Ah well. Onwards. And well done, Margaret.
UPDATE: Already been airing in Canada for a year and they don’t seem to have been struck down. Here’s the intro;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW3FBjKt7Co
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017
- First Look At The Doctor Who Christmas Special – And A Look Back At Peter Capaldi’s Time As The doctor - July 23, 2017
- The Doctor Who Christmas Special Will Be Called “Twice Upon A Time” - July 23, 2017
- Doctor Who’s Steven Moffat Says There’s No Backlash Against Jodie Whittaker, Wishes Journalists Would Shut Up - July 23, 2017