Colin Mahoney writes… Queue outside the store pre-launch
Big Bang Comics, the Dublin-based store behind the DICE convention, held the official launch of IDW’s Half Past Danger last week. Irish writer and artist Stephen Mooney was signing copies of issue one, and a limited edition numbered print (100) that was only available on the night.
Stephen Mooney (L) receives original artwork from Declan Shalvey (R)
The comic is a pulpy, serial-adventure styled romp through WW2, featuring all the staples you’d expect such as Nazis, femme fatales and spies, and some less historical but more fun additions –dinosaurs & ninjas.
The limited print available on the night
During the launch, fellow Irish artist Declan Shalvey (Venom, Deadpool) presented Stephen with the original artwork for his variant cover to issue #2. Early reports indicate that issue one is selling well, and is already a complete sell-out in Dublin (which I gather to be approx. 400 copies across 3 stores). It’s 27 pages of story with no ads, is huge fun, and you can read the first ten pages here.
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017