So I went to Phoenix Comicon. These are eleven things I learned. Not about DC’s
Villain Month Forever Evil, there’s still more on that to come. Might have to wait till I get home to the UK though…
- That the show treats its guests better than any other comic convention I am aware of. To a ridiculous level of pampering on some occasions.
- That Ben Templesmith has new kind of zombie comic idea he wants to work on. And a squid comic. Let’s see which comes first!
- Bleeding Cool’s Alex Wilson helped out at Mike S Miller’s stand, and would have accidentally sold a $75 signed variant Injustice: Gods Among Us #1 to an attendee for $5 but was told that the price was too high.
- That John Layman swapped another Chew #1 for a rare Lego set.
- That Wil Wheaton and John Barrowman have a bromance that just bloomed.
- President Bush’s favourite science-fiction show was Babylon 5. Though he may not have realised President Clark was the bad guy.
- That Frank Cho didn’t realise the Kickstarter with Bill Willingham was happening until after it had launched. But he’s up for another!
- That Katie Cook, author of My Little Pony comics, is an accomplished stand up comedian. And stole the show at the Bleeding Cool Fan Awards.
- That Ethan Van Sciver, who closed the awards, should be a stand up comedian.
- That two comic book book professionals were approached by a dominatrix at the Hyatt bar, and she had all her paddles, ropes and ball gags with her. They declined her kind offer.
- That Homestuck is even more popular than I thought. There was even more Homstuck cosplay this year than Doctor Who. And I was glad to see no sign of Homestuck Hunters. I probably need a Homestuck correspondent writing for Bleeding Cool…
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017
- John Barrowman Dances On Stage In A TARDIS Dress At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017