And he hinted at a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles spoiler, so stay away if that’s your bag.
First we learned that Locke And Key will receive two double sized final issues, titled Alpha and Omega are priced at $7.99 each. The final issue will have a Godzilla-style promotion for thirty-four retailer specific covers, but each one will have full original art image, like Avatar did with War Goddess, with a minimum order of 250 copies.
They currently no plans to reprint the Image TMNT comics – possibly because there’s just too much of it.
There are My Little Pony digest collections on the way.
The reason behind the Infestation-style multi-license crossovers is given over separate licensees putting up too many barriers for direct interaction, but they would prefer to do direct crossovers like Star Trek/Doctor Who.
IDW are planning to revisit a number of Easter eggs in recent Star Trek comics that will relate to the new movie.
That they constantly hear about reader fatigue for all the spinoffs from Transformers and GI Joe, but it’s not reflected in the sales. But they are being cautious in expanding the lines. They’re not happy with the Jericho comic however, and it will finish with the current run.
And that spoiler? Oh yes. IDW reps said the numbers came in a lot higher for TMNT #22 than #21, as it’s the first chapter of the City Falls story.
Retailers may be glad they ordered higher, as reporting retailers surmised/inferred/guessed at from the presentation that the comic may feature Casey Jones being killed by Shredder.
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018