We reported on the news that the French ex-attorney general, Parisiene mayoral candidate and current MEP Rachida Dati was suing over the publication of a graphic novel, that parodied her life as a single mother, with an unnamed father to her daughter – Rachida, In The Name Of The Fathers.
Yesterday, the French courts decided that the book did not breach her family privacy but was instead judged to comply with French political satire laws. As a result, it will not be withdrawn from sale.
Indeed, as a result of the trial, Rachida – Aux noms des pères has become the 12th best selling book on Amazon France, and the second highest ranking comedy book. It is officially published today.One other twist, the defending lawyer from publisher 12 Bis is himself a comic writer, Richard Malka.
- Will Rosada Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017
- Jim Lee And Tula Lotay’s Take On Warren Ellis And Jon Davis-Hunt’s The Wild Storm - January 20, 2017
- When Dark Knight Fan President Donald Trump Quoted Bane In His Inauguration Speech - January 20, 2017