We reported on the news that the French ex-attorney general, Parisiene mayoral candidate and current MEP Rachida Dati was suing over the publication of a graphic novel, that parodied her life as a single mother, with an unnamed father to her daughter – Rachida, In The Name Of The Fathers.
Yesterday, the French courts decided that the book did not breach her family privacy but was instead judged to comply with French political satire laws. As a result, it will not be withdrawn from sale.
Indeed, as a result of the trial, Rachida – Aux noms des pères has become the 12th best selling book on Amazon France, and the second highest ranking comedy book. It is officially published today.One other twist, the defending lawyer from publisher 12 Bis is himself a comic writer, Richard Malka.
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017