We reported on the news that the French ex-attorney general, Parisiene mayoral candidate and current MEP Rachida Dati was suing over the publication of a graphic novel, that parodied her life as a single mother, with an unnamed father to her daughter – Rachida, In The Name Of The Fathers.
Yesterday, the French courts decided that the book did not breach her family privacy but was instead judged to comply with French political satire laws. As a result, it will not be withdrawn from sale.
Indeed, as a result of the trial, Rachida – Aux noms des pères has become the 12th best selling book on Amazon France, and the second highest ranking comedy book. It is officially published today.One other twist, the defending lawyer from publisher 12 Bis is himself a comic writer, Richard Malka.
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017