This is the cover to DC Universe Presents #19. The front cover. What’s on the WTF gatefold you ask? Well some people on the DC message board have been giving it some thought…
Between the sword on the cover and the creative team, I think the time displaced-hero is likely going to be Beowulf, as seen in the Sword of Sorcery backup.
Once I realized that Bedard was writing, it suddenly occurred to me that Beowulf is the most likely choice. He’s from a post-apocalyptic future, which means his mere existence heralds disaster. Bedard promised his 2013 return in the final page of his Sword of Sorcery story. And now that I look at it… FLASH IS BEING STABBED BY BEOWULF’S SWORD!! Mystery solved. DC Universe Presents Beowulf.
Well, I suppose if I did actually know, it would be churlish not to confirm it…
- 3 New Marvel Comics Adult Coloring Books Coming In 2018: Black Panther, New Mutants, And Avengers - July 26, 2017
- The “I’m Not Buying This For A Second” Death In Secret Empire #7 (SPOILERS) - July 26, 2017
- Zatanna As A Hogwarts Professor? Frank Cho’s Sketch Covers And Commissions From San Diego Comic-Con - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Flash #27 - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Faith And The Future Force #1 - July 26, 2017