This is the cover to DC Universe Presents #19. The front cover. What’s on the WTF gatefold you ask? Well some people on the DC message board have been giving it some thought…
Between the sword on the cover and the creative team, I think the time displaced-hero is likely going to be Beowulf, as seen in the Sword of Sorcery backup.
Once I realized that Bedard was writing, it suddenly occurred to me that Beowulf is the most likely choice. He’s from a post-apocalyptic future, which means his mere existence heralds disaster. Bedard promised his 2013 return in the final page of his Sword of Sorcery story. And now that I look at it… FLASH IS BEING STABBED BY BEOWULF’S SWORD!! Mystery solved. DC Universe Presents Beowulf.
Well, I suppose if I did actually know, it would be churlish not to confirm it…
- DC Comics Cancels Doom Patrol #12 Orders, Delays It Until at Least April - January 18, 2018
- Justice League Of America’s Queen Of Fables Story Gets an Extra Issue - January 18, 2018
- AfterShock Signs Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler for 3 Comics Series – Her Infernal Descent is the First - January 18, 2018
- Spider-Man Goes to Wakanda in New Marvel Kids Comic, Marvel Super Hero Adventures - January 18, 2018
- Will Doomsday Clock Bring Back the Legion and the Justice Society? And What’s With Shazam? - January 18, 2018