This is the cover to DC Universe Presents #19. The front cover. What’s on the WTF gatefold you ask? Well some people on the DC message board have been giving it some thought…
Between the sword on the cover and the creative team, I think the time displaced-hero is likely going to be Beowulf, as seen in the Sword of Sorcery backup.
Once I realized that Bedard was writing, it suddenly occurred to me that Beowulf is the most likely choice. He’s from a post-apocalyptic future, which means his mere existence heralds disaster. Bedard promised his 2013 return in the final page of his Sword of Sorcery story. And now that I look at it… FLASH IS BEING STABBED BY BEOWULF’S SWORD!! Mystery solved. DC Universe Presents Beowulf.
Well, I suppose if I did actually know, it would be churlish not to confirm it…
- Sean Gordon Murphy, Signing And Talking In London On Saturday - April 27, 2017
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017