Collected Editions has interviewed Marvels David Gabriel about the Iron Man and Thor “Epic Collections” that have popped up on Amazon recently, specifically Thor Epic Collection: War of the Pantheons and Iron Man Epic Collection: The Enemy Within. And we get some official Marvel bumf.
Each super-sized volume in the Epic line presents a heaping helping of Marvel’s greatest heroics in one handy, affordable and self-contained package. What’s more, each Epic Collection TPB is also a piece of a grand puzzle: When all is said and done, the Epic volumes will fit seamlessly next to one another on readers’ bookshelves, presenting a complete and unbroken run of each title!
Hachette has been doing this spine-picture gimmick with its line of subscription Marvel hardcovers in the UK, with some success. Future titles include Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Captain America and Fantastic Four, scheduled one a month. 450 colour pages from $35 to $40. And the idea is;
getting out stories that we want to see in print and haven’t necessarily been in print yet (because that would just be repetitive), or long runs that have never been collected together in one volume.
None of the other lines will be adversely affected by these new volumes! So for example, we won’t get rid of titles like Iron Man: Demon in a Bottle or Spider-Man: Kraven’s Last Hunt once those runs are within one of these Epic Collections.
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017