In 2005, a group of professionals led by Dinesh Shamdasani and Jason Kothari raised financing and acquired the rights to the Valiant Comics library from Acclaim Entertainment’s estate, forming Valiant Entertainment (VE).Legal battles for the rights to the Valiant Comics trademarks ensued immediately as a rival group, Valiant Intellectual Properties LLC (VIP), announced that they had made placeholder filings for several trademarks. Valiant Entertainment won.
I don’t know if it’s ever been said publicly but the principle figure behind VIP – and a number of LLC companies trying to secure all sorts of trademarks – was Nick Barrucci, owner of Dynamite Entertainment and Dynamic Forces.
It didn’t end prettily.
However, business is business. And eight years later, Dynamite has announced they’ve got into bed with Valiant to produce statues, busts, diorams, bookends, lithographs, posters and the like. The first will be an X-O Manowar lithograph by Marko Djurdjevic.
“As a lifelong fan of comic books, I can honestly say that Valiant’s return was something I had long been waiting for, and their astronomical success since the ‘Summer of Valiant’ campaign is so very well deserved. Their line is one of the most cohesive in comics, and most accessible. ” says Nick Barrucci, CEO of Dynamic Forces. “Words can’t express how excited I am to work with Dinesh and Valiant Entertainment to create a range of high-quality, high-end collectibles that their hardcore fans will cherish having.”
- Jim Starlin Made More From A Small Character In Batman V Superman Than From Thanos, Drax And Gamora In The Marvel Movies - January 24, 2017
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017