Last month, we talked about what seemed to be moves towards the return of Barberella in printed form.
Well, the plot has thickened considerably. In response to JM Lofficier’s previous statement;
BARBARELLA is not in limbo. I work closely with the Estate of its creator (his son, Julien Forest), including on the forthcoming TV series. We have one very attractive offer from an English-lsnguage publisher we are seriously considering at the moment.
Alex Donoghue, Director of Humanoids USA, posted;
“Not sure of what Jean-Marc Lofficier is talking about. The BARBARELLA publishing rights are held by les Humanoïdes Associés/Humanoids and this for years. We are currently working on a new edition, and Jean-Claude Forest’s son, Julien, is perfectly aware of these plans.”
To which Jean-Marc Lofficier responded;
“Mr Donoghue is actually incorrect on every statement.”
- Photos: Doctor Who Cosplay Show Hits A Few Bumps In The Time Vortex - July 23, 2017
- When R2 And C-3PO Met Big Bird: How Lucasfilm Marketed Star Wars In The ’70s And ’80s - July 23, 2017
- An Afternoon With The Crew Of Star Trek: Discovery - July 23, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters -23rd July 2017 – Show Me Some Sugar - July 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller Lists – 23rd July 2017 – An Interlude Of Jokes And Riddles - July 23, 2017