Last month, we talked about what seemed to be moves towards the return of Barberella in printed form.
Well, the plot has thickened considerably. In response to JM Lofficier’s previous statement;
BARBARELLA is not in limbo. I work closely with the Estate of its creator (his son, Julien Forest), including on the forthcoming TV series. We have one very attractive offer from an English-lsnguage publisher we are seriously considering at the moment.
Alex Donoghue, Director of Humanoids USA, posted;
“Not sure of what Jean-Marc Lofficier is talking about. The BARBARELLA publishing rights are held by les Humanoïdes Associés/Humanoids and this for years. We are currently working on a new edition, and Jean-Claude Forest’s son, Julien, is perfectly aware of these plans.”
To which Jean-Marc Lofficier responded;
“Mr Donoghue is actually incorrect on every statement.”
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018