Last month, we talked about what seemed to be moves towards the return of Barberella in printed form.
Well, the plot has thickened considerably. In response to JM Lofficier’s previous statement;
BARBARELLA is not in limbo. I work closely with the Estate of its creator (his son, Julien Forest), including on the forthcoming TV series. We have one very attractive offer from an English-lsnguage publisher we are seriously considering at the moment.
Alex Donoghue, Director of Humanoids USA, posted;
“Not sure of what Jean-Marc Lofficier is talking about. The BARBARELLA publishing rights are held by les Humanoïdes Associés/Humanoids and this for years. We are currently working on a new edition, and Jean-Claude Forest’s son, Julien, is perfectly aware of these plans.”
To which Jean-Marc Lofficier responded;
“Mr Donoghue is actually incorrect on every statement.”
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics To Charge $2.99 Digital For Its New $3.99 Print Comics - January 18, 2017