Last month, we talked about what seemed to be moves towards the return of Barberella in printed form.
Well, the plot has thickened considerably. In response to JM Lofficier’s previous statement;
BARBARELLA is not in limbo. I work closely with the Estate of its creator (his son, Julien Forest), including on the forthcoming TV series. We have one very attractive offer from an English-lsnguage publisher we are seriously considering at the moment.
Alex Donoghue, Director of Humanoids USA, posted;
“Not sure of what Jean-Marc Lofficier is talking about. The BARBARELLA publishing rights are held by les Humanoïdes Associés/Humanoids and this for years. We are currently working on a new edition, and Jean-Claude Forest’s son, Julien, is perfectly aware of these plans.”
To which Jean-Marc Lofficier responded;
“Mr Donoghue is actually incorrect on every statement.”
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017