In France, the comics market neatly splits into BD (bande dessinne), the majority of French/Belgian comics, manga and “comics”, translated US and English titles. Often with separate shops for each.
To one of the latter, Comics Zone in Lyon, Yanick Paquette is helping them promote their FCBD offering. (Hmm, the acronym really gains something in French doesn’t it? Free Comics, BD…?)
Last year, the shop managed to give away three thousand comics to 450 people, including producing the SCARCE FCBD 2012, a free comics supervised by the famous french magazine on comics, with exclusive one page stories from the likes of Mike Vosburg, Paige Braddock, Fred Harper, Abby Denson, Tim Fish, David Boller and Monica Gallagher…
This year, French publishers of US licenced comics have decided to participate as well, including Ankama, Wanga Comics, Indeez and Semic, who will each produce a free sample of their products on FCBD.
In Comics Zone, this year, each customer will be given on FCBD an in-house-produced sketchbook (with a cover by Cedric Poulat) featuring pin-ups by the most talented and loyal fans of the shop. Cosplayed customers will be rewarded by a stack of every FCBD book available in the shop
Here’s Yanick Paquette‘s trailer
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017