Back in November, we announced that DC Comics were going to run a Villains Month. In which each title would focus on a specific villain, possibly one new to the title. Both new villains and old villains reintroduced. Back then it was going to be the May titles. Which is why we pegged the likes of Ventriloquist and The Prankster, both who are appearing earlier in Batgirl and Nightwing now.
Then we got word that all the books would be retitled with the name of the villain in question, and given an issue 1, and be the regular September gimmick event for the New DCU.
And today? Actual positive proof. Thanks to the Collected Editions blog and their retailer friend for this one, from a new DC Comics trade catalogue.
DC New 52 Villains Omnibus
In September 2013, evil took over, as every title in the DC Universe published special new #1s featuring the villains of the DC Universe, collected here in a massive hardcover edition.
A giant-size, hardcover omnibus collection of the special “villains issues” published line-wide in September 2013, spotlighting the greatest villains of the DCU.
The New 52 is currently running at fifty regular monthly comics for two months in a row. In July, there will be no Batman Inc. I wonder if this is a lead in to DC’s launch of weekly titles to make up the New 52, or if certain villains books will continue after that first issue? The retailer reports there will be fifty-six issues for Villains Month in September…
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Flash #27 - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Faith And The Future Force #1 - July 26, 2017
- Original Wolverine Tops The Advance Reorder Lists – Is It Time For Marvel To Bring Him Back? - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Savage Dragon #225 - July 26, 2017
- Dr. Snyderlove Or: How DC Comics Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Metal - July 26, 2017