Back in November, we announced that DC Comics were going to run a Villains Month. In which each title would focus on a specific villain, possibly one new to the title. Both new villains and old villains reintroduced. Back then it was going to be the May titles. Which is why we pegged the likes of Ventriloquist and The Prankster, both who are appearing earlier in Batgirl and Nightwing now.
Then we got word that all the books would be retitled with the name of the villain in question, and given an issue 1, and be the regular September gimmick event for the New DCU.
And today? Actual positive proof. Thanks to the Collected Editions blog and their retailer friend for this one, from a new DC Comics trade catalogue.
DC New 52 Villains Omnibus
In September 2013, evil took over, as every title in the DC Universe published special new #1s featuring the villains of the DC Universe, collected here in a massive hardcover edition.
A giant-size, hardcover omnibus collection of the special “villains issues” published line-wide in September 2013, spotlighting the greatest villains of the DCU.
The New 52 is currently running at fifty regular monthly comics for two months in a row. In July, there will be no Batman Inc. I wonder if this is a lead in to DC’s launch of weekly titles to make up the New 52, or if certain villains books will continue after that first issue? The retailer reports there will be fifty-six issues for Villains Month in September…
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd July 2018 – Welcome To The Worlds Of DC - July 22, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 22nd July 2018 – Batman No 1 But Sales Are Dropping - July 22, 2018
- It All Comes Down To This – #MarvelDeclassified Begins Tomorrow - July 22, 2018
- Cicada Put Through the Flash Blender and King Shark/Gorilla Grodd Team-Up – Q&A From Cast and Crew at SDCC - July 22, 2018
- Harry Potter: 20 Years of Magic, Please Take All My SDCC Money - July 22, 2018