Back in November, we announced that DC Comics were going to run a Villains Month. In which each title would focus on a specific villain, possibly one new to the title. Both new villains and old villains reintroduced. Back then it was going to be the May titles. Which is why we pegged the likes of Ventriloquist and The Prankster, both who are appearing earlier in Batgirl and Nightwing now.
Then we got word that all the books would be retitled with the name of the villain in question, and given an issue 1, and be the regular September gimmick event for the New DCU.
And today? Actual positive proof. Thanks to the Collected Editions blog and their retailer friend for this one, from a new DC Comics trade catalogue.
DC New 52 Villains Omnibus
In September 2013, evil took over, as every title in the DC Universe published special new #1s featuring the villains of the DC Universe, collected here in a massive hardcover edition.
A giant-size, hardcover omnibus collection of the special “villains issues” published line-wide in September 2013, spotlighting the greatest villains of the DCU.
The New 52 is currently running at fifty regular monthly comics for two months in a row. In July, there will be no Batman Inc. I wonder if this is a lead in to DC’s launch of weekly titles to make up the New 52, or if certain villains books will continue after that first issue? The retailer reports there will be fifty-six issues for Villains Month in September…
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018