In the last few weeks, I’d received a number of reports that in the new Walking Dead, there would be a major character death. Even that Rick would be biting the big one. And Robert Kirkman’s hinting about the possibility about the TV show didn’t help.
But it wasn’t true.
At least not in this issue.
So you can be more at ease and enjoy the issue, set in the Hilltop and at Rick’s Place, with characters preparing an all out assault on Negan.
There is no assault yet. Which is why no one dies. Yet.
But this is about politics, machinations against a foe, and a traitor within. We don’t see Ezekiel, but his influence is painted large on the comic, along familiar royal Shakespearian lines. This is Macbeth, this is Julius Caesar, this is Hamlet except, you know, with Jesus.
And talking of Steve Coogan, “No one died”.
Anyway, if you burned through the US House Of Cards, revisited the UK House Of Cards, and it’s a whole week until the new Game Of Thrones, this may just fill that spot. People like cards, like a royal flush being assembled, and somewhere there’s a Joker in the pack.
— LarrysComics.net (@LarrysComics) April 10, 2013
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018