In this week’s Supurbia, the team get a celebrity-fuelled welcome in London. And you know what happens when an American comic goes to the UK, they get things wrong.
Now, while the “bloody hell that is so awesome” sounds a little problematic, a fusion of speaking styles, we’ll let that slide. London is all about fusion.
And as we all know, British police officers are about twelve these days. He seems rather old for the job, But, you know, it could be another sign of Tory cuts…
However, then this happens…
What policeman would refer to such headgear as a “cap”? It’s a helmet!
This is a helmet. This is a cap.
And the policeman’s helmet is far more useful when it comes to constructing cheap sexual innuendo. Which looks like it might be about to come in useful.
“Looks like she’s about to polish his helmet.”
See how easy that was?
For shame, Suburbia, for shame.
Suburbia is published today from Boom! Comics.
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018