In this week’s Supurbia, the team get a celebrity-fuelled welcome in London. And you know what happens when an American comic goes to the UK, they get things wrong.
Now, while the “bloody hell that is so awesome” sounds a little problematic, a fusion of speaking styles, we’ll let that slide. London is all about fusion.
And as we all know, British police officers are about twelve these days. He seems rather old for the job, But, you know, it could be another sign of Tory cuts…
However, then this happens…
What policeman would refer to such headgear as a “cap”? It’s a helmet!
This is a helmet. This is a cap.
And the policeman’s helmet is far more useful when it comes to constructing cheap sexual innuendo. Which looks like it might be about to come in useful.
“Looks like she’s about to polish his helmet.”
See how easy that was?
For shame, Suburbia, for shame.
Suburbia is published today from Boom! Comics.
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017