Richard Linklater‘s School of Rock would seem to be set for a new term… under some new terms.
According to Broadway World, the self-proclaimed metalhead Andrew Lloyd Webber wants in on the fun, and is planning to bring the film to the stage. Not only that, but he wants to write a couple of songs of his own to go with it.
This does sound extremely interesting, but can you imagine School of Rock without Jack Black? He really did make the film and picturing someone else as Mr Shneebly is awfully difficult. Maybe the only way for someone acceptable to pick up the part is if Mr Webber organises another reality show and allows the audience some say in who gets cast.
With regards to Webber’s plan to write new songs, I can definitely get on board with, “To glance behind, the School of Rock is there, inside your mind.”
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015
- This War of Mine Hits Smartphones Today - November 11, 2015