52 gained its special place in the DC Universe when Paul Levitz proposed a weekly series to fill in the gaps during the One Year Later thing.
Then we had the 52 different universes of the new Multiverse.
And now we have the 52 books of the New 52, caused by Flash smashing through the multiverse in Flashpoint.
But where did it all begin?
Re-reading the 1961 “Flash of Two Worlds” from The Flash #123, where Barry Allen goes to meet Jay Garrick for the first time. Garrick is living in apartment 5252.
Obviously a coincidence. But isn’t it a cool one?
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017