52 gained its special place in the DC Universe when Paul Levitz proposed a weekly series to fill in the gaps during the One Year Later thing.
Then we had the 52 different universes of the new Multiverse.
And now we have the 52 books of the New 52, caused by Flash smashing through the multiverse in Flashpoint.
But where did it all begin?
Re-reading the 1961 “Flash of Two Worlds” from The Flash #123, where Barry Allen goes to meet Jay Garrick for the first time. Garrick is living in apartment 5252.
Obviously a coincidence. But isn’t it a cool one?
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018