52 gained its special place in the DC Universe when Paul Levitz proposed a weekly series to fill in the gaps during the One Year Later thing.
Then we had the 52 different universes of the new Multiverse.
And now we have the 52 books of the New 52, caused by Flash smashing through the multiverse in Flashpoint.
But where did it all begin?
Re-reading the 1961 “Flash of Two Worlds” from The Flash #123, where Barry Allen goes to meet Jay Garrick for the first time. Garrick is living in apartment 5252.
Obviously a coincidence. But isn’t it a cool one?
- 3 New Marvel Comics Adult Coloring Books Coming In 2018: Black Panther, New Mutants, And Avengers - July 26, 2017
- The “I’m Not Buying This For A Second” Death In Secret Empire #7 (SPOILERS) - July 26, 2017
- Zatanna As A Hogwarts Professor? Frank Cho’s Sketch Covers And Commissions From San Diego Comic-Con - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Flash #27 - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Faith And The Future Force #1 - July 26, 2017