52 gained its special place in the DC Universe when Paul Levitz proposed a weekly series to fill in the gaps during the One Year Later thing.
Then we had the 52 different universes of the new Multiverse.
And now we have the 52 books of the New 52, caused by Flash smashing through the multiverse in Flashpoint.
But where did it all begin?
Re-reading the 1961 “Flash of Two Worlds” from The Flash #123, where Barry Allen goes to meet Jay Garrick for the first time. Garrick is living in apartment 5252.
Obviously a coincidence. But isn’t it a cool one?
- DC Comics Has Dark Matter, Cougar And Cub Has Faecal Matter… - April 24, 2017
- See Characters Come Alive With Acrobatica Infinti: The Nerd Circus At C2E2 - April 24, 2017
- Behind The Scenes Of Blind Ferret With Ryan Sohmer And Lar DeSouza At C2E2 - April 24, 2017
- Art And Writing Combine in Image Comic’s Storytelling Essentials Panel at C2E2 - April 24, 2017
- Iron Fist #1, A New Introduction Of The Familiar - April 24, 2017