One of the greatest Deadpool stories was by Joe Kelly and Pete Woods, in which the character went back in time and took the place of Spider-Man in an early issue of Amazing Spider-Man, mashing up the original art and plot from that issue on the way.
Today’s Deadpool isn’t that. But it does bear homage in some way, recreating a generic Bronze Age Spider-Man comic in which Deadpool jumps in, and then tours around the Marvel Universe. Including his very own version of those famous Hostess Fruit Pie ads…
Of course, a subsequent trip to Demon-In-A-Bottle era Iron Man might have gone better if he’d stuck to that light tender crust…
- Stewart Lee Appears in Tomorrow’s Doomsday Clock #3 - January 23, 2018
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018
- Showrunner of Lucifer Teams with Lucifer Artist for Skyward from Image Comics - January 23, 2018
- Now You Can Buy Star Wars Porg Sneakers – but Are They Made from Porgs? We Find Out - January 23, 2018
- Northguard Season 2 #1 and #2 Both Published Tomorrow – Here’s a Preview of Both - January 23, 2018