One of the greatest Deadpool stories was by Joe Kelly and Pete Woods, in which the character went back in time and took the place of Spider-Man in an early issue of Amazing Spider-Man, mashing up the original art and plot from that issue on the way.
Today’s Deadpool isn’t that. But it does bear homage in some way, recreating a generic Bronze Age Spider-Man comic in which Deadpool jumps in, and then tours around the Marvel Universe. Including his very own version of those famous Hostess Fruit Pie ads…
Of course, a subsequent trip to Demon-In-A-Bottle era Iron Man might have gone better if he’d stuck to that light tender crust…
- Doctor Who’s Steven Moffat Says There’s No Backlash Against Jodie Whittaker, Wishes Journalists Would Shut Up - July 23, 2017
- Yes, Pearl Mackie Is In The Doctor Who Christmas Special, But No, Not Next Year’s Series - July 23, 2017
- Andy Weir On Why ‘Wonder Woman’ Sets Little Girls Up For Disappointment - July 23, 2017
- Sneak Peek Of The Legend Of Korra: Turf Wars Part 1 At SDCC – And Part 2 Announced! - July 23, 2017
- MacKenzie Cadenhead To Write Disney Spider-Man Book ‘Deck The Malls!’, With Christmas Venom - July 23, 2017