One of the greatest Deadpool stories was by Joe Kelly and Pete Woods, in which the character went back in time and took the place of Spider-Man in an early issue of Amazing Spider-Man, mashing up the original art and plot from that issue on the way.
Today’s Deadpool isn’t that. But it does bear homage in some way, recreating a generic Bronze Age Spider-Man comic in which Deadpool jumps in, and then tours around the Marvel Universe. Including his very own version of those famous Hostess Fruit Pie ads…
Of course, a subsequent trip to Demon-In-A-Bottle era Iron Man might have gone better if he’d stuck to that light tender crust…
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017