One of the greatest Deadpool stories was by Joe Kelly and Pete Woods, in which the character went back in time and took the place of Spider-Man in an early issue of Amazing Spider-Man, mashing up the original art and plot from that issue on the way.
Today’s Deadpool isn’t that. But it does bear homage in some way, recreating a generic Bronze Age Spider-Man comic in which Deadpool jumps in, and then tours around the Marvel Universe. Including his very own version of those famous Hostess Fruit Pie ads…
Of course, a subsequent trip to Demon-In-A-Bottle era Iron Man might have gone better if he’d stuck to that light tender crust…
- Jim Lee And Tula Lotay’s Take On Warren Ellis And Jon Davis-Hunt’s The Wild Storm - January 20, 2017
- When Dark Knight Fan President Donald Trump Quoted Bane In His Inauguration Speech - January 20, 2017
- Jason Inman, The Face Of DC All Access, Has A New Comic Of His Own Now… - January 20, 2017
- Doctor Who Comics In April, From Titan Comics, Leads With A Ghost Spinoff From The Christmas Special - January 20, 2017
- Comic Folk React To… The Inauguration Of President Trump - January 20, 2017