We mentioned this might be a thing a couple of weeks ago.
Polarity #1 from Boom!, out today, has sold through its 20% overprint on retailer orders, and has already sold copies for $13 on eBay today for the standard version.
Along with Uber #0, also out today, these are hot first issues that aren’t from Image, but smaller publishers Boom and Bleeding Cool owner Avatar.
It’s worth noting that neither comic has gone on sale in the UK yet, due to Easter delays. So anyone who wants to queue up and clean the shelves might make a pretty penny selling them back to their colonial cousins over the pond.
So expect a few stores to instigate a one book per customer policy, as Midtown Comics in New York was doing today for Uber #0…
Second prints are yet to be announced, but come on.
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018
- All of DC Comics Reboots Are Still Happening, Even Elongated Man’s Identity Crisis Face (Super Sons #12 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Is Avengers: No Surrender a Flipped Version of Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars? (Avengers #676 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018