We mentioned this might be a thing a couple of weeks ago.
Polarity #1 from Boom!, out today, has sold through its 20% overprint on retailer orders, and has already sold copies for $13 on eBay today for the standard version.
Along with Uber #0, also out today, these are hot first issues that aren’t from Image, but smaller publishers Boom and Bleeding Cool owner Avatar.
It’s worth noting that neither comic has gone on sale in the UK yet, due to Easter delays. So anyone who wants to queue up and clean the shelves might make a pretty penny selling them back to their colonial cousins over the pond.
So expect a few stores to instigate a one book per customer policy, as Midtown Comics in New York was doing today for Uber #0…
Second prints are yet to be announced, but come on.
- Will Marvel’s ‘Royals’ End With Issue #14? - July 28, 2017
- Ryan North’s Passion For Dinosaurs Bleeds Into Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (SPOILERS) - July 28, 2017
- Marvel Comics Misgenders Its Own Superheroes In Marvel Book Previews - July 28, 2017
- Joe Quesada Lenticular Cover For Marvel Legacy #1 Is Now “Order All You Want” - July 28, 2017
- Simon Furman Announced To Write Robotech For Titan Comics - July 28, 2017