We mentioned this might be a thing a couple of weeks ago.
Polarity #1 from Boom!, out today, has sold through its 20% overprint on retailer orders, and has already sold copies for $13 on eBay today for the standard version.
Along with Uber #0, also out today, these are hot first issues that aren’t from Image, but smaller publishers Boom and Bleeding Cool owner Avatar.
It’s worth noting that neither comic has gone on sale in the UK yet, due to Easter delays. So anyone who wants to queue up and clean the shelves might make a pretty penny selling them back to their colonial cousins over the pond.
So expect a few stores to instigate a one book per customer policy, as Midtown Comics in New York was doing today for Uber #0…
Second prints are yet to be announced, but come on.
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017