In the last couple of years, Mark Millar has become an increasingly prominent member of the Scottish media set. Appearing on The Review Show, producing documentaries about pantomime, appearing on party political broadcasts for the Scottish National Party, and getting name-checked by the First Minister Alex Salmond in his victory speech. He works with local schools, he brings the glamour of Hollywood to Coatbridge and now it seems he is to be rewarded with his own television show for national commercial channel STV.
Nicknamed “At Home With The Millars“, his new chat show will be called Kapow ’13, will be filmed in a new Millarworld studio, built onto the side of his family home, which will also be used for other productions.
Millar’s first big TV chat show appearance was on This Morning With Richard Not Judy, where he was rather overshadowed by Paul Gambaccini, who seemed to step on every answer. But since then, he has grown in confidence and at last year’s Kapow comic convention, Scottish TV executives were invited down to see him interview Hollywood bigwigs on stage. And they were suitably impressed, and treated it as a pilot ahead of commissioning a short run. This is also the reason why there is no Kapow Comic Con this year. With the TB show, the Millarworld team simply have no time.
Millar has promised executives he will be able to recruit the likes of Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Jim Carrey, Chloe Savegny, Nicholas Cage, basically anyone who has appeared in a Millar or Matthew Vaughan‘s movie. As well as local talent such as Frankie Boyle, Jimmy Carr and Billy Kirkwood.
The show will be comic-book themed and the guests will be encouraged to cosplay, but they won’t actually talk about comics, to increase mainstream appeal. And Mark Millar is planning to wear his Superman costume in every show.
Grant Morrison has not been invited as a guest.
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018