Now, New Genesis, while the name of the planet on which the New Gods live in the DC Universe has not been trademarked.
However DC legal people contacted Boom! and threatened legal action if the name went ahead. DC had no legal leg to stand on, but any legal action would tie up the release of the comic, already solicited for a number of issues and Diamond Comic Distributor is notoriously averse to distributing any comic with any legal action standing over it, no matter how spurious.
It’s a reversal of circumstances that saw DC Comics forced to change the name of their planned Hellraiser comic to Hellblazer back in the day. Three hundred issues later, the boot is now on the other foot.
So what’s the new name to be? Well, apparently Bleeding Cool is meant to be some kind of powerful entity in the comics industry now, so why don’t you vote on it?
UPDATE: Okay, Next Testament it is. Let’s see what we can do.
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018