Now, New Genesis, while the name of the planet on which the New Gods live in the DC Universe has not been trademarked.
However DC legal people contacted Boom! and threatened legal action if the name went ahead. DC had no legal leg to stand on, but any legal action would tie up the release of the comic, already solicited for a number of issues and Diamond Comic Distributor is notoriously averse to distributing any comic with any legal action standing over it, no matter how spurious.
It’s a reversal of circumstances that saw DC Comics forced to change the name of their planned Hellraiser comic to Hellblazer back in the day. Three hundred issues later, the boot is now on the other foot.
So what’s the new name to be? Well, apparently Bleeding Cool is meant to be some kind of powerful entity in the comics industry now, so why don’t you vote on it?
UPDATE: Okay, Next Testament it is. Let’s see what we can do.
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kinney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017
- Titans – The DC Live-Action TV Series Alongside Season 3 Of Young Justice, On DC’s Own Streaming TV Service For 2018 - April 25, 2017
- Caliber Comics Launch Five More Graphic Novels In July 2017 – From HP Lovecraft To Velda, Girl Detective - April 25, 2017