Maxwell Heesch here reporting for Bleeding Cool at WonderCon!
Just a few notes about tonight’s Under The Dome panel in the Anaheim Convention Center—
The show, an adaptation of the lengthy novel by Stephen King, concerns the residents of the small town of Chester’s Mill as a mysterious Dome seals them off from the rest of the world.
Show producers Jack Bender and Neal Baer were on hand to discuss the show, as well as head writer Brian K. Vaughan and actors Dean Norris and Rachelle Lafevre. They chatted about the themes from the show, ranging from society in general to the sudden microcosm the town becomes when separated and all that entails.
The most important revelation of the evening though was that everyone was certain to make sure that the audience knows that the show will be on on-going series, rather than just a mini-series. Having garnered Stephen King’s blessing, this means they will alter the plot of the book to keep it going. This could be seen as good or bad.
Vaughan also stated that they do indeed have an end to the series in mind, and that it is drastically different than the ending of the book. Knowing the end of the book, this may be a good thing. Also be sure to keep your eye out for other Stephen King references that they will be tossing in as the show continues. Can’t wait to see where the Dome takes us!
Follow Max on Twitter: @HeeschMoney
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017
- First Look At The Doctor Who Christmas Special – And A Look Back At Peter Capaldi’s Time As The doctor - July 23, 2017