Superman Unchained is coming out in a couple of months. By Scott Snyder and Jim Lee, it is likely to be the best selling direct market comic that month. And it looks as if DC will be trying to maximise those sales with a series of incentive covers that celebrate 75 years of the character.
Not 75 covers though. Not quite. Instead we have;
1:300 Black and White Variant Edition by Jim Lee.
1:100 75th Anniversary Variant Edition featuring a 1930s Cover
1:75 75th Anniversary Variant Edition featuring a Golden Age Cover
1:50 75th Anniversary Variant Edition featuring a Silver Age Cover
1:50 75th Anniversary Variant Edition featuring a Bronze Age Cover
1:25 75th Anniversary Variant Edition featuring a Modern Age Cover
1:25 75th Anniversary Variant Edition featuring a Lex Luthor Cover
75th Anniversary New 52 Variant Edition for anyone whose orders will exceed their order for Justice League #12 by 150%
Which will probably be everyone.
Equally Batman/Superman has its own order incentives. Just not quite as many.
1:100 Black and White Variant Edition by Jae Lee.
1:25 Variant Cover A (Batman) by Kenneth Rocafort.
1:25 Variant Cover B (Superman) by Kenneth Rocafort.
Batman/Superman #1 We Can Be Heroes Blank Variant Edition
In fact most of the DC New 52 books in June have a 1:25 variant cover, and a batch have a 1:100 black and white cover. Indeed, Batman #12 is listed as having a 1:25 cover by Grant Morrison which should be interesting. Or be corrected.
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018