It was one of the Second Wave titles of the New 52. Originally planned as a Vertigo comic, then repurposed to the New 52 though still edited by Karen Berger, China Mieville has crafted a story reminiscent of Morrison’s Doom Patrol. Nothing has yet touched the lunacy of Boy Chimney but ut has the most radical Issue Zero of the line and is one of the few DC New 52 titles that is genuinely trying to do something new.
The trade paperback listings for 2014 from DC may give away some of the plans for the title though. A standard New 52 trade contains six to seven issues of the comic. Volume one of Dial H had six. Volume two has ten.
Dial H Vol. 2 TP
Writer: China Mieville
Artists: David Lapham, Alberto Ponticelli and Dan Green
Collects: Dial H #7-16
$16.99 US, 224 pg
Which is a good deal at $1.70 an issue… but it indicates hat the title may be being cancelled with issue 16, also scheduled for September. Last September, with the zero issues, saw a number of books cancelled. Could Dial H be following suit?
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018