Elin Winkler, publisher of Radio Comix, wrote;
Due to a horrible oversight on the part of our (now former) accountant, we now owe a staggering amount of back taxes. The total is truly shocking, and when I first discovered it, I was ill for days. I’ve been working for three months with a new accountant to get everything that wasn’t filed taken care of, but filing does not equal paying and now not only do these freshly filed taxes have to be paid, but there are penalties due to the late filing. I’m a firm believer in filing and paying all my taxes, and finding out I was behind was my worst nightmare come true. I have been working with the IRS to come up with a payment plan, but if we could get a large lump sum together to pay in at one time, it would be an enormous help!
It seems to have worked. With an aim of raising $4000 on Indiegogo, they have now raised over $9000 with 28 days to go. The Stan Sakai commissions helped. Elin added;
I am so stunned and grateful at the response this has gotten… I don’t even know what to say. A friend suggested I go ahead and let people know the full total we owe the IRS, just in the interest of transparency: it’s $40K. I was planning this fundraiser as a large lump payment, since we have been making small monthly payments already for the past few months. Thus anything over the goal would still be a huge help! I could never presume to ask for the whole amount (that would be ridiculous and greedy, I feel), but any large sum I can throw at the IRS would go a long way towards keeping Radio Comix in their good graces. Also, if you don’t want to contribute, but want to help, maybe buy some of our books? I’d much rather sell comics to people than ask for favors. Thank you again, everyone. I appreciate this more than I can express.
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Changes Title of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018
- Vaughn Stein Developing Smoketown from Scout Comics as a Movie - January 18, 2018