Alasdair Stuart writes;
Last year, Archie Comics put out three issues of Stan Lee’s Mighty 7, a mini-series which cast Stan Lee as…Stan Lee, a comic writer hired by Archie Comics to develop a new superhero team. A group of aliens crash land near his trailer who are, naturally, being pursued and this being Stan Lee, naturally, he decides to teach them how to be superheroes as a means of dealing with their situation. Three issues saw print, all of which are available through Archie’s site, with an indeterminate number planned to follow. They have yet to appear because PGS optioned the idea and began developing it for TV last year.
Now, Deadline reports, that option is starting to take shape. According to Deadline, PGS are planning on a trilogy of TV movies, the first of which would arrive in the fourth quarter of the year and they’re preparing to shop the idea around at MIPTV next month. MIPTV is essentially the Bilderberg group but you just replace the Queen, Colonel Sanders and other members of the Pentaverate with TV executives. Which is either a fantastic idea or Lord of the Flies in better suits just waiting to happen. Regardless, it’s a fun enough idea and who knows? Maybe now superhero movies are actually mainstream rather than that weird thing in the smallest screen at the multiplex, superhero TV movies, or indeed TV shows, may be next.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015