With the news of the return of Quantum And Woody from Valiant, a property that Valiant representatives assures me that they own 100%. That seemed a different deal from the one originally agreed at Valiant/Acclaim a decade or two ago.
We Acclaim creators signed contracts before we started working on our projects that had a clause saying we could buy the rights to the material back for half the profits the material made in the previous 3 years. Several years after Acclaim went under, Priest and Bright tried to get the Q/W rights and were told that the contracts we signed were never submitted to a different division of Acclaim and were thus considered invalid. Someone else came in and bought up all the Valiant/Acclaim leaving us with nothing. I’ve been following what Priest/Bright were doing because I wanted the rights to Trinity Angels back. But the legal fees it would cost to get it back would just be too much for us. I’m pretty sure Priest/Bright are not pleased with the new Q/W, but I don’t know that for a fact. As I said, I know if they went in and re-vamped Trinity Angels, I would be furious. There are only three properties that sprung completely from my imagination-Strikeback, Trinity Angels, and Tanga. I consider them my children and would not abide anyone else giving voice to those characters.
It all feels a little Before Watchmen doesn’t it?
- The DC Masterclass Panel Welcomes Latecomers, From Dan DiDio To Greg Capullo To Frank Miller - July 22, 2017
- Marvel’s Hasbro Panel At San Diego Comic-Con In 85 Photos - July 22, 2017
- New Thor: Ragnarok Poster Released To Dazzle The Senses - July 22, 2017
- Miracleman Is Coming. Just Not Yet. Wait. - July 22, 2017
- Motor Crush #9 Will Be A Flashback Issue Drawn By Cameron Stewart With Babs Tarr On Colours - July 22, 2017