Neal Adams and Kevin Smith will be speaking at a travelling event, UCreate, inspiring people to create comics and break into the industry – for a price. Their first event is on Free Comic Book Day in New York City at the Apollo Theatre. UCreate is looking to recruit new creators to work on their comics. But you’ll nee to buy a ticket…
Today, Victor Dandridge of Vantage Inhouse Press announced that he will “move forward with my intent to file an injunction against Doug Duncan and Donald Lanouette over the name of their soon-to-launch comapny, “Ucreate Comics.” It’s a brilliant name, to be sure — especially for their proposed business intent (a vote-oriented venture capitalist fund for comic book properties), but it rings far too close to my own “U Cre-8 Comics,” a programming/product line I’ve been running for the past three years.An education-based classroom comic publisher with shows at many comic conventions and educational conferences, UCre-8 Comics has been operational for a couple of years and Victor doesn’t seem to take kindly to any potential trademark confusion. Whether the “8” or the “ate” deals with that, he seems to be happy to let the court, or a big meeting where everyone settles with big wodges of cash, decides.
- He Who Knows Floods Soaks at the Touch of Frank Cho’s Man-Thing - January 19, 2018
- Batman and Doomsday Clock Win Comics of the Year, DC Wins Publisher at Diamond 2017 Gem Awards - January 19, 2018
- Walking Dead, Wild Hunt and X-Men Red Top Advance Reorders - January 19, 2018
- ComicsPRO Industry Awards Announce Nominees, and Honour Dave Hawksworth - January 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3 Filming in Manhattan on Monday - January 19, 2018