Neal Adams and Kevin Smith will be speaking at a travelling event, UCreate, inspiring people to create comics and break into the industry – for a price. Their first event is on Free Comic Book Day in New York City at the Apollo Theatre. UCreate is looking to recruit new creators to work on their comics. But you’ll nee to buy a ticket…
Today, Victor Dandridge of Vantage Inhouse Press announced that he will “move forward with my intent to file an injunction against Doug Duncan and Donald Lanouette over the name of their soon-to-launch comapny, “Ucreate Comics.” It’s a brilliant name, to be sure — especially for their proposed business intent (a vote-oriented venture capitalist fund for comic book properties), but it rings far too close to my own “U Cre-8 Comics,” a programming/product line I’ve been running for the past three years.An education-based classroom comic publisher with shows at many comic conventions and educational conferences, UCre-8 Comics has been operational for a couple of years and Victor doesn’t seem to take kindly to any potential trademark confusion. Whether the “8” or the “ate” deals with that, he seems to be happy to let the court, or a big meeting where everyone settles with big wodges of cash, decides.
- “The Darkest Jeff Lemire Since Animal Man”: Valiant Retailer Presentation At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017
- Photos: Dark Horse’s San Diego Comic-Con Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- Robotech #1 May Ship Early, And More From Titan Comics’ SDCC Presentation - July 21, 2017
- Umbrella Academy: Hotel Oblivion Finally Coming From Gerard Way And Gabriel Bá In 2018 - July 21, 2017
- November Gets A Justice League Day, And Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day - July 21, 2017