Spawn #9. The first appearance of Angela. It probably had a print run of around half a million. But quite a few of them are in landfill.
This comic, by Neil Gaiman and Todd McFarlane can often be found in dollar boxes. And that’s generally the price they sell for on eBay. Indeed, last night some soul on eBay was the only bidder for this little lot.
Two hundred copies, still sealed in their original packing case, sold for $130 on eBay. The seller was probably glad to be rid of them.
Today it’s a different story. Today, Angela is a new big player in the Marvel Universe. In Age Of Ultron, in Guardians Of The Galaxy, written with Neil Gaiman, and then off across the rest of Marvel NOW!
But the thing is… hasn’t everyone got a copy of Spawn #9? I have. You probably have too. Go on, take a look. Before everyone floods the market.
And then of course there is Angela #1 by Neil Gaiman and some fellow called Greg Capullo. I wonder what he’s up to now?
UPDATE: Last night, Mile High Comics were selling Spawn #9 in NM for $2.30. Their price today? $70.
- Justice League Of America Tops Advance Reorders, Followed By Image’s 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017
- Second Prints For Unstoppable Wasp, IVX And The Few - January 19, 2017
- Dan Panosian Talks To Bleeding Cool About Working With Joe Quesada On The X-Men Comic That Appears In The Logan Movie - January 19, 2017
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017