Yesterday we mentioned something “Avengersy” coming from Warren Ellis and Mike McKone this summer from Marvel.
And as with, well, just about everything I seem to post right now, a couple of hours later I suddenly get more information.
In this case it seems that Ellis and McKone’s book is just one of a series of new original graphic novels from Marvel from what is described as “A-list creators”.
Marvel haven’t had a great history for producing original graphic novels, though the Season One hardovers from the last couple of years were notable exceptions. However, unlike DC’s similar Earth One titles however, they didn’t exactly light up the charts. The belief is that this may have been down to Greg Pak, Peter David and Cullen Bunn being less bankable writer names that Geoff Johns and JMS.
So not only will this line feature Warren Ellis and Mike McKone, but we can start to speculate as to who else… Joss Whedon? Brian Bendis?
- Twenty-Three Uses For An Overshipped Marvel Comic - January 19, 2017
- Chris Ware, Cosey And Larcenet Are Three Finalists For Angoulême’s Grand Prix , After Alan Moore Pulled Out Again - January 19, 2017
- VIDEO – Stan Lee Unboxes His First Box As His Second Goes Silver Age - January 19, 2017
- Image And Boom Are Diamond’s Comics Publishers Of The Year – The 2016 Gem Awards Results - January 19, 2017
- What If DC Were Publishing A Batman/Shadow Comic By Snyder, Orlando And Rossmo, But No One Made A Sound? - January 19, 2017