Yesterday we mentioned something “Avengersy” coming from Warren Ellis and Mike McKone this summer from Marvel.
And as with, well, just about everything I seem to post right now, a couple of hours later I suddenly get more information.
In this case it seems that Ellis and McKone’s book is just one of a series of new original graphic novels from Marvel from what is described as “A-list creators”.
Marvel haven’t had a great history for producing original graphic novels, though the Season One hardovers from the last couple of years were notable exceptions. However, unlike DC’s similar Earth One titles however, they didn’t exactly light up the charts. The belief is that this may have been down to Greg Pak, Peter David and Cullen Bunn being less bankable writer names that Geoff Johns and JMS.
So not only will this line feature Warren Ellis and Mike McKone, but we can start to speculate as to who else… Joss Whedon? Brian Bendis?
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018