Yesterday we mentioned something “Avengersy” coming from Warren Ellis and Mike McKone this summer from Marvel.
And as with, well, just about everything I seem to post right now, a couple of hours later I suddenly get more information.
In this case it seems that Ellis and McKone’s book is just one of a series of new original graphic novels from Marvel from what is described as “A-list creators”.
Marvel haven’t had a great history for producing original graphic novels, though the Season One hardovers from the last couple of years were notable exceptions. However, unlike DC’s similar Earth One titles however, they didn’t exactly light up the charts. The belief is that this may have been down to Greg Pak, Peter David and Cullen Bunn being less bankable writer names that Geoff Johns and JMS.
So not only will this line feature Warren Ellis and Mike McKone, but we can start to speculate as to who else… Joss Whedon? Brian Bendis?
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017
- First Look At The Doctor Who Christmas Special – And A Look Back At Peter Capaldi’s Time As The doctor - July 23, 2017