Yesterday we mentioned something “Avengersy” coming from Warren Ellis and Mike McKone this summer from Marvel.
And as with, well, just about everything I seem to post right now, a couple of hours later I suddenly get more information.
In this case it seems that Ellis and McKone’s book is just one of a series of new original graphic novels from Marvel from what is described as “A-list creators”.
Marvel haven’t had a great history for producing original graphic novels, though the Season One hardovers from the last couple of years were notable exceptions. However, unlike DC’s similar Earth One titles however, they didn’t exactly light up the charts. The belief is that this may have been down to Greg Pak, Peter David and Cullen Bunn being less bankable writer names that Geoff Johns and JMS.
So not only will this line feature Warren Ellis and Mike McKone, but we can start to speculate as to who else… Joss Whedon? Brian Bendis?
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Jae Lee And Brian Stelfreeze FOC Covers For Jim Henson And Victor LaValle.. - April 28, 2017
- A Box For Archie Comics’ Spider-Man Digests In Time for Spider-Man Homecoming - April 28, 2017
- Oh My Days! Bill Potts’ First Titan Comics Doctor Who Appearance, On Free Comic Book Day - April 28, 2017