The new Constantine #1 is a lot better than the Preview suggested. For a start, the Preview is at the end of the comic, and it reads far more Hellblazery at the beginning than it does by the kicksplodo conclusion. But one thing did jar.
Angus Croydon? English wizard in the thirties? Orgies?
Well that’s the real life Aleister Crowley. Who has appeared in Hellblazer after faking his death, and ending up getting merged to Nergal and becoming the Demon Constantine.
It was a while ago.
Anyway, looks like he’s off limits again. Unless he’s suitably fictionalised. Shame he was never elected President of the United States. For many reasons.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London. Currently hosting an exhibition by Des Taylor.
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund To Train Comic Book Retailers In Their Legal Rights - July 21, 2017
- “The Darkest Jeff Lemire Since Animal Man”: Valiant Retailer Presentation At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017