The new Constantine #1 is a lot better than the Preview suggested. For a start, the Preview is at the end of the comic, and it reads far more Hellblazery at the beginning than it does by the kicksplodo conclusion. But one thing did jar.
Angus Croydon? English wizard in the thirties? Orgies?
Well that’s the real life Aleister Crowley. Who has appeared in Hellblazer after faking his death, and ending up getting merged to Nergal and becoming the Demon Constantine.
It was a while ago.
Anyway, looks like he’s off limits again. Unless he’s suitably fictionalised. Shame he was never elected President of the United States. For many reasons.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London. Currently hosting an exhibition by Des Taylor.
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd January 2017 – Supergirl Grabs Bleeding Cool By The Traffic - January 22, 2017
- Sean Gordon Murphy’s New Batman Series, Teased… - January 22, 2017
- Reviewing By The Numbers: A Tarnished Tintin For Grown Ups - January 22, 2017
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017