Anyway, board game publisher Cryptozoid, is going exclusive with Diamond Comic Distributor and Alliance, Diamond’s game distributor.
There are some exceptions, its World Of Warcraft Trading Card Game and collectible trading cards with still be distrubuted elsewhere, and non-US countries will continue to have board games distributed through other companies.
Cryptozoic are best known right now for their Walking Dead, Lord Of The Rings, Hobbit, True Blood, Locke & Key, Penny Arcade, DC Comics, Batman: Arkkham City and Castle board games. They also publish a number of themed comics, such as their Lookouts series.
Retailers who have ordered product from another distributor will find those orders cancelled and they’ll need to order again.
But to sweeten the pot, Cryptozoic and Diamond/Alliance will run a programme so retailers can swap unsold products for other products, and their game premier nights will allow retailers to demo and sell games a week before the street date as part of a promotion.
Ah, such nostalgia…
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Puts Five Million Comics In The Classroom, Announces Kid Sherlock, Albert Einstein: Time Mason, Stray, Midnight Tiger And The Ghost, The Owl - April 27, 2017