Anyway, board game publisher Cryptozoid, is going exclusive with Diamond Comic Distributor and Alliance, Diamond’s game distributor.
There are some exceptions, its World Of Warcraft Trading Card Game and collectible trading cards with still be distrubuted elsewhere, and non-US countries will continue to have board games distributed through other companies.
Cryptozoic are best known right now for their Walking Dead, Lord Of The Rings, Hobbit, True Blood, Locke & Key, Penny Arcade, DC Comics, Batman: Arkkham City and Castle board games. They also publish a number of themed comics, such as their Lookouts series.
Retailers who have ordered product from another distributor will find those orders cancelled and they’ll need to order again.
But to sweeten the pot, Cryptozoic and Diamond/Alliance will run a programme so retailers can swap unsold products for other products, and their game premier nights will allow retailers to demo and sell games a week before the street date as part of a promotion.
Ah, such nostalgia…
- Jorge Molina And RB Silva Join Charles Soule On Astonishing X-Men? - July 25, 2017
- Hang On, Why Am I Being Asked To Preview Tomorrow’s Pitiful Human Lizard #14? - July 25, 2017
- X-Men Blue And Gold Enjoy Time And Relative Dimensions In Space For Marvel Legacy - July 25, 2017
- Being Spider-Man And Holding A Pig At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- Alex Ross’s Design For The Post-Secret Empire Marvel Legacy Falcon - July 25, 2017