Anyway, board game publisher Cryptozoid, is going exclusive with Diamond Comic Distributor and Alliance, Diamond’s game distributor.
There are some exceptions, its World Of Warcraft Trading Card Game and collectible trading cards with still be distrubuted elsewhere, and non-US countries will continue to have board games distributed through other companies.
Cryptozoic are best known right now for their Walking Dead, Lord Of The Rings, Hobbit, True Blood, Locke & Key, Penny Arcade, DC Comics, Batman: Arkkham City and Castle board games. They also publish a number of themed comics, such as their Lookouts series.
Retailers who have ordered product from another distributor will find those orders cancelled and they’ll need to order again.
But to sweeten the pot, Cryptozoic and Diamond/Alliance will run a programme so retailers can swap unsold products for other products, and their game premier nights will allow retailers to demo and sell games a week before the street date as part of a promotion.
Ah, such nostalgia…
- Riz Ahmed And Billie Piper In Trailer For City Of Tiny Lights - January 19, 2017
- The Panels, Guest And Signing Schedules For 2000AD’s 40 Years Of Thrill-Power Festival Next Month - January 19, 2017
- Death’s Head Creators Hit Banbury, As Its Comic Con Returns - January 19, 2017
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017