Anyway, board game publisher Cryptozoid, is going exclusive with Diamond Comic Distributor and Alliance, Diamond’s game distributor.
There are some exceptions, its World Of Warcraft Trading Card Game and collectible trading cards with still be distrubuted elsewhere, and non-US countries will continue to have board games distributed through other companies.
Cryptozoic are best known right now for their Walking Dead, Lord Of The Rings, Hobbit, True Blood, Locke & Key, Penny Arcade, DC Comics, Batman: Arkkham City and Castle board games. They also publish a number of themed comics, such as their Lookouts series.
Retailers who have ordered product from another distributor will find those orders cancelled and they’ll need to order again.
But to sweeten the pot, Cryptozoic and Diamond/Alliance will run a programme so retailers can swap unsold products for other products, and their game premier nights will allow retailers to demo and sell games a week before the street date as part of a promotion.
Ah, such nostalgia…
- Harley Quinn vs. Darkseid in Closer DC Continuity as Sam Humphries Writes Ongoing Series from #43 - March 17, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018
- In the Wake of Doomsday Clock, DC Comics Collects Don McGregor and Gene Colan’s Nathaniel Dusk - March 17, 2018
- Jim Lee’s First Two Pages for Brian Bendis’ Action Comics #1000 – and a Six Hour Video of Him Drawing One - March 17, 2018
- 481 3rd Ave – the New Location for JHU in New York City - March 17, 2018