By Little Bleeder Matt Booker of Automattic Comics
The little beautiful Cotswold village of Biddestone in Wiltshire will be closed for the next few days. Its where I spent most of my childhood and secondary school years and it is very picturesque and has a famous duckpond right in the middle of the village and is within 4 miles of Castle Combe where they filmed Warhorse, Stardust and Wolfman. and 5 miles of Lacock where they filmed parts of the Harry Potter franchise. Filming has already taken place in Tewkesbury last week.
“The best-selling Christmas story by Max Lucado, ‘The Christmas Candle‘. In a small village in the Cotswolds, nothing out of the ordinary ever happens. Except at Christmastime. Then a mysterious angel suddenly appears in a lowly candlemaker’s shop. There the holy and the human collide in a way that only God could imagine.”
Directed by John Stephenson who previously directed 5 Children And It in 2004 and Animal Farm in 1999. Before, he was part of the Henson Creature shop working on projects like Dark Crystal, Return To Oz, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles films and Lost In Space in 1998.
With a great cast of Sylvester McCoy (Hobbit, Dr Who) James Cosmo (Game Of Thrones), Hans Matheson (Sherlock Holmes, 300 Rise Of The Empire, Lesley Manville (Adventures In Time And Space and Mallificent) and John Hannah (Mummy and Spartacus) and the Scots’ best export in years, Susan Boyles…
Here’s a few set pics taken of the two fake shops set up in the village.
And photos from the rest of the shoot, and video.
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015
- This War of Mine Hits Smartphones Today - November 11, 2015