Bleeding Cool has been covering the attempt by Diamond Comic Distributors and associated publishers to encourage comic book retailers to either move into larger stores or to open additional stores. And while Bleeding Cool has reported on the closure of a number of stores over the years, the overall number of stores that Diamond distributes to is up.
Archie, BOOM! Studios, Dark Horse Comics, DC Entertainment, Diamond Select Toys, Dynamite Entertainment, IDW Publishing, Image Comics and Marvel Comics are all providing incentives to new stores from existing retailers.
They include increased discounts off orders of backlist trade paperbacks, hardcovers, toys, statues and the like.
The ability to order set batches of backlist items from BOOM!, DC, Image, Dark Horse and Diamond Select Toys with payments spread over five months, with returnability for anything left over, as well as extended returnability on new comics after six weeks.
Increased discounts and returnability on a store’s first two months of new comics, as well as one backlist order, from Dynamite, IDW, Image and Marvel.
Stores will also get individual advice and instruction on Diamond’s systems from ex-retailer Chris Powell (Executive Director – Business Development) and his team.
All this makes opening a new store much more financially viable, rather then having to build up funds or loans, and takes some of the guesswork out of what to order for a new location.
If you;re an interesting retailer looking to expand, Diamond asks that you email email@example.com.
- Marvel’s Hasbro Panel At San Diego Comic-Con In 85 Photos - July 22, 2017
- New Thor: Ragnarok Poster Released To Dazzle The Senses - July 22, 2017
- Miracleman Is Coming. Just Not Yet. Wait. - July 22, 2017
- Motor Crush #9 Will Be A Flashback Issue Drawn By Cameron Stewart With Babs Tarr On Colours - July 22, 2017
- Yes, Frank Castle Is 100% Putting On The War Machine Armour For Marvel Legacy - July 22, 2017