Bleeding Cool has been covering the attempt by Diamond Comic Distributors and associated publishers to encourage comic book retailers to either move into larger stores or to open additional stores. And while Bleeding Cool has reported on the closure of a number of stores over the years, the overall number of stores that Diamond distributes to is up.
Archie, BOOM! Studios, Dark Horse Comics, DC Entertainment, Diamond Select Toys, Dynamite Entertainment, IDW Publishing, Image Comics and Marvel Comics are all providing incentives to new stores from existing retailers.
They include increased discounts off orders of backlist trade paperbacks, hardcovers, toys, statues and the like.
The ability to order set batches of backlist items from BOOM!, DC, Image, Dark Horse and Diamond Select Toys with payments spread over five months, with returnability for anything left over, as well as extended returnability on new comics after six weeks.
Increased discounts and returnability on a store’s first two months of new comics, as well as one backlist order, from Dynamite, IDW, Image and Marvel.
Stores will also get individual advice and instruction on Diamond’s systems from ex-retailer Chris Powell (Executive Director – Business Development) and his team.
All this makes opening a new store much more financially viable, rather then having to build up funds or loans, and takes some of the guesswork out of what to order for a new location.
If you;re an interesting retailer looking to expand, Diamond asks that you email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017