Mark Waid really is one nicest creators in the industry I’ve ever met. Marcio Takara also echoed the same sentiment when I asked him to sign my paperback copy of “The Incredibles: Family Matters;” Mark also signed it with a copy of 52 #7.
Anyway, just speaking with him from my personal experience, Mark answered all of my questions and only asked for whatever monetary donations we could give in a jar for the Hero Initiative; just like a lot of the Guests on the show floor at ECCC were doing. I’ll tell you, if they did this at larger venues like San Diego, Chicago and New York, the Hero Initiative would do very well.
He, like myself and many other Superman/DC fans, while disappointed in “Superman Returns,” nonetheless enjoyed it purely from a fan perspective since we were all still seeing Superman live-action, in costume, flying around, with all those familiar characters. Mark went onto say he’s likes what he’s seen so far from “Man of Steel.” He added that the controversial scene in the trailer where Kevin Costner’s Jonathan Kent telling a Young Clark Kent that maybe he should have let the kids on the bus die. He agreed with my opinion that the scene wasn’t mean to be all doom-and-gloom, but reflect Jonathan’s desire to simply protect his only son, who he loves and would do anything for.
He also echoed what he’s said in the past that while only Dan Didio knows why the changes were made to the end “52” all those years ago, Mark would still love to reunite with Geoff Johns, Greg Rucka, Grant Morrison and Keith Giffen on another project.
When I also asked Mark about the chances Marvel finishes up Landry Walker’s run on “The Incredibles” that BOOM! Studios started, he said it was purely up to Marvel since they now have the rights to publishing Pixar characters in comics.
- What I Learned From Meeting With Ross Richie - April 25, 2017
- Exclusive: Teaser Trailer For Revival, The Movie Based On The Comic By Tim Seeley And Mike Norton, From Image - April 25, 2017
- Dark Lives Matter – Finally Something New From DC Comics? - April 25, 2017
- Can Batman And Flash Make The Watchmen Button Less Radioactive In Flash #21? - April 25, 2017
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017