This was how Animal Man #19 ended, the first time around.
But a few issues later, after a journey into the very meta narrative of the DC Universe itself, and after meeting Grant Morrison, Buddy Baker came home to a present from his maker.
In today’s Animal Man, a new issue 18, Buddy Baker is back from the future of Rotworld to save the day. The details of which raise all sorts of other questions which will no doubt be answered in months to come. But the cover promises;
And the comic delivers.
Man, Animal Man’s family just can’t catch a break. The question is, will writer Jeff LeMire be able to step in and save them like Grant did before him? Come on Jeff, strap on that fiction suit.
Meanwhile Swamp Thing is also reverting a decade of three after his return to the present. There was much made previously of Swamp Thing no longer being the memory of Alec Holland reanimated as an avatar of The Green, when the New 52 relaunched. He was back to his original pre-Alan Moore version. But now?
All that seems to have gone and we have the planarian worm Swamp Thing again. That big red Rotwoirld reset button? Not quite as reset as we thought…
While Swamp Thing and Animal Man have returned to the present… they suddenly seem to be all about the past. The eighties to be precise. Don’t they know, with next month’s gimmick covers, they are meant to be doing a nineties revival, not the eighties? And can we expect these endings to inform the WTF covers next month? That’s certainly how Detective Comics is playing it…
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017