This was how Animal Man #19 ended, the first time around.
But a few issues later, after a journey into the very meta narrative of the DC Universe itself, and after meeting Grant Morrison, Buddy Baker came home to a present from his maker.
In today’s Animal Man, a new issue 18, Buddy Baker is back from the future of Rotworld to save the day. The details of which raise all sorts of other questions which will no doubt be answered in months to come. But the cover promises;
And the comic delivers.
Man, Animal Man’s family just can’t catch a break. The question is, will writer Jeff LeMire be able to step in and save them like Grant did before him? Come on Jeff, strap on that fiction suit.
Meanwhile Swamp Thing is also reverting a decade of three after his return to the present. There was much made previously of Swamp Thing no longer being the memory of Alec Holland reanimated as an avatar of The Green, when the New 52 relaunched. He was back to his original pre-Alan Moore version. But now?
All that seems to have gone and we have the planarian worm Swamp Thing again. That big red Rotwoirld reset button? Not quite as reset as we thought…
While Swamp Thing and Animal Man have returned to the present… they suddenly seem to be all about the past. The eighties to be precise. Don’t they know, with next month’s gimmick covers, they are meant to be doing a nineties revival, not the eighties? And can we expect these endings to inform the WTF covers next month? That’s certainly how Detective Comics is playing it…
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017
- Firefly Fans Represent In Anti-Trump Women’s March In Chicago… - January 21, 2017
- Is Nick Spencer Suited To Write Captain America If He Opposes Punching Nazis? We Asked Captain America In 1982 - January 21, 2017