Aaron Haaland of A Comic Shop of Orlando, Florida, writes;
Hey Fandom! This week it’s sex and robots!
Marvel’s Age of Ultron #1 was crazy. It says it’s happening “Today”, but it feels like a post apocalypse type of in medias res thing. Very jarring, but very entertaining too. Great Hawkguy/Spidey dialogue and intricate Hitch artwork. I’m totally along for the ride even though I don’t know where we are, how we got there, or where we’re going. And as always, I loved Superior Spider-man!
Jeff Lemire’s 2nd issue on Green Arrow was even better than his first. I absolutely love this guy (and you would too if you read his Essex County or Underwater Welder). Wraith of the First Lantern has an awesome guest star in the dead zone. Animal Man and Swamp Thing’s Rotworld had the emotionally resonate ending I wanted with these epilogue issues.
Image gives us SEX. I can now sell sex! I have arrived. McCann’s Lost Vegas is the kinda book that wins awards. I’m so glad he made the jump from Marvel marketing to writer!
A lot of other good stuff is out to, I talk about it on this video! Thanks for watching!
- POW! Entertainment Registers More ‘Stan Lee’ Trademarks for Sleeping Bags, Pizza Crust Mixes and Yoga Mats - April 22, 2018
- Gabriele Dell’Otto’s Exclusive Retailer Variant for Amazing Spider-Man #800 - April 22, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd April 2018 – ‘Action Comics Was the Highest/Fastest Selling Book in Our History’ - April 22, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd April 2018 – DC ComicsGetting Fresh - April 22, 2018
- The Age Of Bronze Goes Full Colour as a Digital Ongong Series - April 22, 2018