Aaron Haaland of A Comic Shop of Orlando, Florida, writes;
Hey Fandom! This week it’s sex and robots!
Marvel’s Age of Ultron #1 was crazy. It says it’s happening “Today”, but it feels like a post apocalypse type of in medias res thing. Very jarring, but very entertaining too. Great Hawkguy/Spidey dialogue and intricate Hitch artwork. I’m totally along for the ride even though I don’t know where we are, how we got there, or where we’re going. And as always, I loved Superior Spider-man!
Jeff Lemire’s 2nd issue on Green Arrow was even better than his first. I absolutely love this guy (and you would too if you read his Essex County or Underwater Welder). Wraith of the First Lantern has an awesome guest star in the dead zone. Animal Man and Swamp Thing’s Rotworld had the emotionally resonate ending I wanted with these epilogue issues.
Image gives us SEX. I can now sell sex! I have arrived. McCann’s Lost Vegas is the kinda book that wins awards. I’m so glad he made the jump from Marvel marketing to writer!
A lot of other good stuff is out to, I talk about it on this video! Thanks for watching!
- Brits Are Getting Gruesome Context For Guy Fawkes Night From BBC’s Gunpowder - October 22, 2017
- Will Monday Bring Confirmation That MCM And Reed Expo Are Getting Together? - October 22, 2017
- Mark Gatiss And Michael Sheen Finally Make Hammer’s The Unquenchable Thirst Of Dracula - October 22, 2017
- The Unpublished? DC Comics Cancels ‘The Unwritten’ Book 2 - October 22, 2017
- A Familiar Character Is Set To Discover That Peter Parker Is Spider-Man – Again (SPOILER) - October 22, 2017