It’s a slightly shorter episode this week as we recover from the wonders of London Super Comic Convention. I take a moment to look back at how the weekend went and to plug some of our upcoming UK shows, including Melksham Comic Con and Thought Bubble.
Then I chat with writer/artist/world-builder Steven Sanders about his ambitious and revolutionary Kickstarter campaign for Symbiosis. We discuss the impact Our Love Is Real had on his career, what Symbiosis actually is, as well as some of the legal and business issues involved.
If that’s not enough to ‘kickstart’ your week, I also chat with Hayley Spencer, the organiser of Melksham Comic Con. We look at the origins of the show, what it takes to run a not-for-profit organisation, and how Kickstarter can be used to make events happen.
To get in touch, discuss sponsorship opportunities or submit projects for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow me on Twitter: @popculturehound. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
And if you want to get in on the Kickstarter for Symbiosis, you can find that here: www.kickstarter.com/projects/570044257/symbiosis-a-creative-commons-art-book
And if you want to get in on the Kickstarter for Melksham Comic Con, you can find that here: www.kickstarter.com/projects/komix/melksham-comic-con-2013
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017