Joseph Kyle Schmidt writes;
Is Todd McFarlane returning to comics? Or video games? Or perhaps, a video game tie-in comic…?
Yesterday, gaming blog Kotaku revealed they were sent a photo of press materials for the fourth, as-yet-unannounced installment of the Assassin’s Creed video game.
Though the “seen-in-the-wild” image has cast doubt on the validity of the new game, apparently titled Black Flag, only a few commenters have picked up that the art is apparently the work of Todd McFarlane.
Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag is still only a rumor at this point, but after an anonymous tip on Reddit and then this photo, an announcement seems forthcoming. Executives from publisher Ubisoft have expressed the desire for annual entries of the popular franchise, much like Madden and Call of Duty.
What’s unclear is McFarlane’s role with the game is. Is he providing a tie-in or just promotional art?
Or does he have more involvement, a la his role in Curt Schilling’s doomed Project Copernicus?
Or is this just a piece to promote the upcoming Assassin’s Creed action figures from McFarlane Toys, and we’ve been duped/jumped the gun?
Probably the latter, but that’s definitely McFarlane goodness right there.
- The Siegel and Shuster Lost Superman Story that Marv Wolfman Rescued as a Boy - January 23, 2018
- Thanos #15, Avengers #677 and #678 Go to Second Print Before Even Going on Sale - January 23, 2018
- Venom to Get an “Epic” in the Fall of 2018… Another One? - January 23, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for April 2018: Launching New Series Analog, Isola, Crude, The Dead Hand, and Skyward - January 23, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018