Joseph Kyle Schmidt writes;
Is Todd McFarlane returning to comics? Or video games? Or perhaps, a video game tie-in comic…?
Yesterday, gaming blog Kotaku revealed they were sent a photo of press materials for the fourth, as-yet-unannounced installment of the Assassin’s Creed video game.
Though the “seen-in-the-wild” image has cast doubt on the validity of the new game, apparently titled Black Flag, only a few commenters have picked up that the art is apparently the work of Todd McFarlane.
Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag is still only a rumor at this point, but after an anonymous tip on Reddit and then this photo, an announcement seems forthcoming. Executives from publisher Ubisoft have expressed the desire for annual entries of the popular franchise, much like Madden and Call of Duty.
What’s unclear is McFarlane’s role with the game is. Is he providing a tie-in or just promotional art?
Or does he have more involvement, a la his role in Curt Schilling’s doomed Project Copernicus?
Or is this just a piece to promote the upcoming Assassin’s Creed action figures from McFarlane Toys, and we’ve been duped/jumped the gun?
Probably the latter, but that’s definitely McFarlane goodness right there.
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017